Opportunity: Apply to tutor in the Peer-to-Peer Learning Program (a great way to develop and strengthen your "Core Competencies"
The Dean of Studies (DOS) Office and the Academic Success and Enrichment Program (ASEP) are seeking rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors to serve as tutors in our Peer-to-Peer Learning programs. DOS and ASEP Peer Tutors are paid $15/hour, for an average of two to four hours per week, to meet individually or in small groups (no more than three students) with fellow students who have requested a tutor for support in a particular class. Tutors are also paid for approximately one hour per month of training/in-service. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Current first-years, sophomores, and juniors are encouraged to apply for 2016-2017 positions.
Subjects where tutors are most in demand include: Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, and Foreign Language, but other subjects may also be needed depending on student requests, so you are encouraged to apply even if the subject you want to tutor does not appear on this list.
- Successful completion of the Barnard course(s) (or equivalent) for which you are applying to tutor
- Empathy, patience, clarity, and kindness
- Commitment to academic integrity
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status
- Experience as a peer tutor preferred but not required
To apply to be a Peer-to-Peer Learning Tutor:
1. Apply at NACElink ID#21762
2. Fill out this form.
3. Make an appointment for an interview. You may meet with either Rebecca Grabiner, First-Year Class Dean & Dean for Academic Assistance or Elida Martinez-Gaynor, Associate Director of Collegiate Programs.
Questions? Email email@example.com